Thursday, October 22, 2009

House for Sale... in Marengo!


For those of you that haven't heard, we have a house that has been on the market for most of the year. When God brought my family back to Washington, Indiana we had to leave a great house that we loved. This house is practically our dream home and having to leave it is frustrating due to the fact that we are unable to purchase a home in Washington until this one sells.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but my faith has lacked over the past several months because I felt that God wasn't answering my prayers. He is suppose to be leading someone to fall in love with our home and give me a purchase agreement! Why wouldn't they? It's the perfect place to live and it would be bring so much joy for them... and me.

Today, I was reading in the my Bible and a couple of verses literally leaped off the page at me. Acts 17:26, 27 says, "From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us."

Wow! How easily I forget that God has a plan and it's perfect and specific. I worry and fret for no reason. He has me in the exact place at the exact time in order for me to seek, reach out and find him. So... my house is still for sale. Why? I have no idea, but I know that God is aware and I trust his timing. I'm just thankful that he reminds me through the Word that he is in control.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for that. I needed to hear that today too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Larry said...

Thanks Keith! If we could only see around the corner things would be so much easier. But, because we can't...

Father thank you for the wonderful blessings you have given us. Give us the desire to be a blessing to others and the strength to do your will. Help us to recognize open doors, grant us the courage to walk through those doors and the Godly wisdom to deal with what we find there.
Father as we seek your will give us the patience to accept your timing. If it is your will,bring a buyer for the Meeces Marengo home.

In the name of Jesus, Amen

shine said...

I found your blog through Barbara perkins, and I read your post about the house and have to say thank you of reminding me of the scripture in acts! You SOOOO need to check out my blog My Little Light and read my God's House Plan post! Its an awesome story that GodWrote in my life that affirms this verse out the wazoo! Are you Antioch's new pastor? I grew up at that church from like Jr.High age:)

Chelsa said...

glad i found your blog :)
sometimes it's hard to remember that God's plan is always better than our own, but it sure is!

Post a Comment