Friday, May 14, 2010

Encouragement

A couple of days ago I felt the need to send a person a note. I've never met the person and really have never had any kind of conversation with them directly. This individual is working with the family that is buying our home in Marengo. She is a loan officer for a mortgage company and has been going above and beyond to help my buyer secure their loan.

I found out through my real estate agent here in Washington that this woman has been pulling all night work sessions just to get all of us to the closing table. She has been under a great deal of pressure and has been working tirelessly to close on our property. She made a statement to Kim (my agent) that she felt everyone was angry at her because of some delays that were unavoidable. That's when I felt I needed to do something.

For a brief moment, I stopped what I was doing and sent here a short email expressing my appreciation for all her hard work and dedication. It was short and to the point. After I sent it I went on with my day and never gave it much thought.

A few minutes later, she sent me a reply. It knocked my socks off. She took my email and forwarded it to her entire staff in her office. She explain that my email brought tears to her eyes and she wanted every person that worked in her office to know that people really do care in the world. She wanted to encourage them because of how she was encouraged by some else.

I guess you never realize how a brief note of encouragement can make a difference in the lives of so many individuals. I'm so glad I didn't ignore the prompting. Taking a couple of minutes to tell someone that you appreciate them makes the world a better place for all of us. So... take time to tell those people around you how much they mean to you. You may never realize how your words can make a difference in their lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment